Planscriber - Laser guided mapping systems
Planscriber is a new, fast, reliable and easy to use system for measuring, viewing AND drawing plans of any
shaped area - in real time.
The device rotates on a tripod and is controlled wirelessly by a handheld
notebook - you simply rotate the device around the area, taking readings as you go. Each reading you make stores
a measurement that eventually builds up a complete picture of what you have
Once you have finished a sweep of a room you can move the entire process to another room and carry on - and again, and
again until you have several rooms all scanned. Every adjoining room that you
scan is correlated on the drawing EXACTLY as it is in the real world, all to
size and to scale - and all dimensionally accurate too. So you can see wall
thickneses, architraves, radiators etc., or even scan in furniture if you wish.
The whole process can be learned very quickly. You could
arrive at a site, and have a completed
floor plan drawn in under 2 hours. That's DRAWN, not just measured.
There other benefits too
- No having to drive back to the office to start your plans - you have them
- No more embarrassing repeat visits to pick up that extra measurement that you
forgot to take last time.
- No more wasted fuel - reduce your carbon footprint!
- Only 1 operator required, meaning that if you had two of these then you can do
twice as much in a day! (obviously with 2 people!)
- Minimal concentration required - so if your client is having a chat with you
then you can chat back - whilst still drawing!
- No more "fudging" a drawing to try to make two lines meet somwhere.
- You can guarantee better accuracy than those who don't use one!
- The first time you rent one you'll save ££'s - Purchasing one yields a huge
return on investment, plus you'll have time to do more jobs.
- Save time and money
We're working on a video clip to give you an idea of the concept so please pop
back soon to have a view of the real thing in action.